ARC Document Solutions, Inc. (“ARC”) collects information through the use of applications, platforms, and web sites
What information does ARC collect?
ARC collects information through use of ARC Sites, including:
- Device Information – We may collect information about devices running ARC Sites, including platform, a unique ARC-generated ID, OS version, IP address, carrier information, and a country code.
- Application Usage Information – We collect information about how ARC Sites are used, such as the frequency and duration of usage.
- Personally Identifiable Information – We may collect personally identifiable information shared with ARC Sites. Personally identifiable information collected may include information like name, email address, location, gender, interests, device, app usage, user ID, and contact information.
Does ARC collect real time location information?
ARC may collect device location information if location services are enabled for any ARC Sites on the device. We could use location information to provide users of the ARC Sites with information relevant to them based on their location.
How does ARC use information collected from you?
- ARC Internal Use – We use information we collect to help us provide and optimize the services offered on the ARC Sites, and to monitor and improve the ARC Sites and our services.
- Third Par Specifically, we may disclose information we collect:
1. to third parties as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
2. to third parties as we deem necessary, based on our good faith belief.
3. to protect our rights, user safety, or the safety of others.
4. to investigate fraud.
5. to respond to a government request.
6. to trusted services providers who work on our behalf, who do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and who have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in the privacy statement; and iv. to our affiliated companies, and to third parties in conjunction with a merger, acquisition or sale of ARC.
Automatic data collection
We automatically collect information about how ARC Sites are used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. This includes details about mobile devices, such as a unique ARC-generated ID for the mobile device. We share anonymous information about use of their respective ARC Sites with third parties, including the way ARC Sites are used, which facilitates improvements to the ARC Sites.
You may opt out of the collection of location information by turning off location services for ARC Sites on your device. You may opt out of the collection of personally identifiable information by not providing that information to ARC Sites. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data retention policy, managing your information
ARC will retain information collected throughout the life of each user’s use of ARC Sites except where prohibited by law. If you would like us to delete User Information and Automatically Collected information associated with your record, please contact us at email@example.com. We will keep anonymous information and may need to retain some identifying information to ensure that your request continues to be honored. Your information will be deleted from our active database but may remain in our archives .If we are required to maintain certain information about you, we will comply with your deletion request after fulfilling any legal requirements
The ARC Sites are not designed for use by children, and ARC does not knowingly market to or collect or solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable period of time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of user information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services
Attn: Legal Department
ARC Document Solutions
12657 Alcosta Blvd, Suite 200
San Ramon, CA 94583
Additional California Privacy Disclosures
Effective as of January 1, 2020
Personal Information Collected and Processed
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
RIGHT TO KNOW REQUEST – Under the CCPA, you have a right to request information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the prior 12 months, and ask that we provide you with the following information:
1. Categories of and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
2. Categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
3. Purposes for collecting, using, or selling personal information.
4. Categories of third parties with which we share personal information.
5. Categories of personal information disclosed about you for a business purpose.
6. If applicable, categories of personal information sold about you and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which the personal information was sold.
To make a verifiable request for information about the personal information we have collected about you, please email us at email@example.com.
RIGHT TO DELETE REQUEST – You also have a right to request that we delete personal information, subject to certain exceptions. You may exercise your right to delete by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOUSEHOLD REQUESTS – We currently do not collect household data. If all the members of a household makes a Right to Know or Right to Delete request, we will respond as if the requests are individual requests.
- REQUESTS, GENERALLY – You may make a verifiable consumer request related to
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
your personal information twice per 12-month period. We will not discriminate against
you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. The verifiable consumer request
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
REQUESTS MADE THROUGH AGENTS – You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
You may contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
phone numbers or credit card number, if as and when required as “personal information.”
Collection of personal information
We collect personal information in the normal course of business in order to better service your account.
• We or our wholly-owned subsidiaries or affiliates may contact you to survey your satisfaction with the SKYSITE® Products and/or to inform you of additional products and services. You may opt out of receiving these additional communications from us by following the opt-out procedures included here and otherwise provided.
Disclosure of personal information
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, except in the following limited circumstances:
• We may disclose your personal information to other companies that help us process or service your account or correspond with you. For example, we may provide your personal information to a service provider to verify the validity or credit limit of your credit card. The companies that we hire to assist us with processing or servicing your account or correspond with you are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
• We may disclose or report your personal information when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities or to resolve consumer disputes.
We gather anonymous information about you for our internal purposes, and we may share this anonymous information with third parties.
• Anonymous information is any information that does not personally identify you, including aggregate demographic information such as the number of visitors to the Website from a particular state or country.
• We use anonymous information primarily for marketing purposes and to improve the services offered through the Website.
• We may use “cookies,” “clear gifs,” internet protocol addresses and other monitoring technologies to gather anonymous information.
o “Clear gifs” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies that are used to track the online movements of website users. The main difference between cookies and clear gifs is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller than cookies. We do not collect any personal information from clear gifs. Further, no information we collect from clear gifs can be linked back to your personal information.
Emailing through your SKYSITE® account
As part of the service offered through the Website, users of certain SKYSITE® Products may send a file to one or more recipients by email. The message created by a user of such SKYSITE® Products will be sent on the user’s behalf to the email addresses specified by the user during the “send file” process. Email addresses will be stored in the address book created by the user and will be used only for the purpose of sending the email communications.
Social Media Accounts
The Website may enable you to register, or allow you to contact others, through your social media accounts, such as your Facebook®, LinkedIn®, or Google+®/Gmail® accounts. To the extent it does and you use these features, you may be asked to allow the Website to access your contacts in that account. Be assured that we do not use such contact information for anything other than as necessary to take the permitted actions you request. Of course, the personal information contained in your social media accounts is subject to the privacy policies of the companies operating those accounts, and you should review those policies to be clear on those companies’ collection and use of your information.
We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
• We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
• The password you enter when you create an account on the Website provides you with private access to the Website and its services. You should never share it with anyone.
Your password must be six characters long (with any combination of numbers and/or letters).
Updating personal information
We continually evaluate our efforts to protect your personal information and make every effort to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If you want to correct or update your contact information, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
SKYSITE® Support Team, 1981 N. Broadway, Suite 385, Walnut Creek, CA 94596, USA.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to us.Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID or login password in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s web site.
Information sharing and disclosure
Other than as described in this section, we do not rent or share information about you with third parties.
Enterprise Accounts: If you are an individual user, and the primary email address associated with your account is owned by your employer and your employer establishes an enterprise account with the Website and adds you to that account, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to the administrator of your employer’s enterprise account, such as the text and subject of messages you have sent, the file names and content of files you have sent, the date and time messages were sent, and the email addresses of the recipients; provided, however, that such information with respect to files that have expired or that have been deleted by you will no longer be accessible to you or to the administrator of your enterprise account.
Changing or deleting your information
All subscribers to the SKYSITE® Products may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in their registration profile by logging into their account and changing the “user preferences” associated with their account. In order to disable your account, please submit a support request to email@example.com.
We may retain your account information indefinitely, regardless of whether you have disabled your account on the Website. We will retain log data in accordance with applicable legal requirements. In the event of an investigation by law enforcement or in connection with our response to claims or legal process, we may retain the log data until such investigation or process is completed.
We take safeguarding your information very seriously. We employ generally-accepted,industry-standard administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the personal information from unauthorized access, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic data storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security.
Our policy toward children
This Website is not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, the parent or guardian should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
Changes in privacy practices
We may contact you via e-mail to survey your satisfaction of our service and/or to inform you of additional products and services.
If you want to opt out of these surveys and/or notices, you may reply to any e-mail that we send you by including the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please note that you will still receive communications from us regarding your account even if you opt out of receiving our surveys and/or notices of additional products and services.
Your California Privacy Rights
email@example.com or by mail at SKYSITE® Privacy Matters, 1981 North Broadway, Suite
385, Walnut Creek, CA 94596, USA.
Last updated: March 7, 2017.